Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I have to read a book off the college bound books list; whats a good one?

i have to read a book off the college bound books list, i was wondering what a good book was to read, at least for a teenager.

THANKS!I have to read a book off the college bound books list; whats a good one?
if this is the list:

http://als.lib.wi.us/Collegebound.html



then i suggest:

The Chocolate War - ive never read it but they made it into a series on tv once and it was pretty good.



The Great Gatsby - lol never read it either but i plan to cuz its a classic and everyone says its great.



One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - this was made into a movie which was really interesting. i didnt even know it was a book! now i want to read it.



To Kill a Mockingbird - READ THIS!!!!!!!!! this is such a GREAT book totally recommend!! please read this!



The Bell Jar - i read this not long ago and its quite sad but very well written.



The Diary of a Young Girl - really great read!! its the diary of Anne Frank



Of course read the classics like Pride and Predjudice, Frankenstein, Wuthering Heights, anything by William Shakespeare, and read as much great poetry as u can!



so to answer your question to pick just ONE to read i quess i personally wqould recommend To Kill a Mockingbird. Absolutely great!I have to read a book off the college bound books list; whats a good one?
Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights" is good. It's your typical tragic romance.

"The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald is beautifully written, but the language is very suggestive and cloudy so you've got to be awake and on your toes while reading.

Charlotte Bronte's "Jane Eyre." It's your typical Cinderella story.I have to read a book off the college bound books list; whats a good one?
i don't know if this is on the list but my favorite book of all time is The Power of One

it is a big book but don't let that stop you

it is about boxing but NOT ONLY THAT

it is such a good book, PLEASE don't let the boxing subject stop you from reading it because it is hardly a theme

and trust me- once you pick it up-it'll be hard to put it back down 'till your done!!

just trust me and read it

you'll learn so much and it will soon be your favorite book too!!!!!!
I hope I'm looking at the same list that you have. Anyway:

Fahrenheit 451, To Kill A Mockingbird, Call of the Wild (easy read), Animal Farm (easy, lots of symbolism), Frankenstein, The Joy Luck Club, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings (really great, easy), Growing Up (I've read this once a year since I had to read it my freshman year in college. Definite favorite and it's a fast read). I tried to put myself in the mind of a teenager for this. I hope this condensed list helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment