Tuesday, February 21, 2012

When is the right time to start to buy text books for college?

Im starting school the 30th of august and i want to know when should u start shopping for texts booksWhen is the right time to start to buy text books for college?
You shouldn't buy your books too early because if you drop the class, you want to be able to return the books and get your money back. You can save a lot of money by buying them online, but you'll only have between 7 and 30 days to return a book, depending on the site. So just make sure you time it right and you check out the return policies.



What I usually do is wait until classes start and I know which classes I'm taking. Then I buy my books online. While I'm waiting for my books, I buy them from the bookstore as well. When I get my books in the mail, I return the ones I got from the bookstore (just make sure to note when the last day to return books is! It's usually only about 2 weeks from the time classes start).



There are a lot of different places to buy books online. You can check out this article to find out which site would be best for you: http://makecollegereality.com/succeed/ge鈥?/a>
You should buy used college textbooks at GreenTextbooks.com - Saving the Planet One Textbook at a Time GreenTextbooks.com is your online leader for finding used textbooks, DVDs, CDs. http://www.GreenTextbooks.com

Report Abuse

When is the right time to start to buy text books for college?
The best time is a few days after the start of text book selling date. If you go too early, they might not have all of the books you need in. I went yesterday to get mine and only got my math text book. The sociology textbook for my Principles of Sociology section isn't in yet.
Start looking around for textbooks now, you can probably find good deals if you take some time looking at eBay, half.com, amazon.com and other sources rather than waiting last minute and buying from the college bookstore.When is the right time to start to buy text books for college?
You should start as soon as you know the books. HOWEVER, if there is more than one prof teaching the subject, the books may not be the same. Be sure you know exactly what your prof wants and be sure you are not changing your schedule..
Start looking around as soon as you have a list of what books you need. Used books are a good deal if you can find them in good shape and if you don't mind the highlighting done by someone else.
As soon as you know what books you need, start looking around. Don't forget to check out cheap text book options in your area. You can save a ton that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment