Saturday, February 18, 2012

Some good books for a college student?

I am a College Senior and looking for some books to read over break. I'm looking for two types of books: "classic" books as well as current (or contemporary) best-sellers. I enjoy books which are emotionally involving, but nothing that would fall into the "romance novel" genre. (Also, no Twilight suggestions).



Thanks!Some good books for a college student?
I suggest 'The Count of Monte Cristo', 'Catch-22', and 'Atlas Shrugged'. All classics that any college student should read.Some good books for a college student?
My contemporary suggestions are:

Books by Ian McEwan (he wrote Atonement)

Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides (this won the Pulitzer Prize)

The Road, by Cormac McCarthy

Cloud Atlas or Black Swan Green, by David Mitchell (Cloud Atlas was shortlisted for the Booker Prize)

Life of Pi, by Yann Martel (won the Booker Prize)



and for emotionally-involving classics, I'd suggest:

A Hero of our Time, by Lermontov

or Notes From Underground, by DostoevskySome good books for a college student?
I would suggest a book by Danielle Steel They are good books.
I just read Water for Elephants. It was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment