Saturday, February 18, 2012

Im trying to get to an ivy leage college, what books can I use to improve my essay skills?

first of all, I will be applying as a transfer, so there is a more specific type of essay in that case as I have been told. What books will help me develop special writing abilities and skills needed to make an ivy school essay, Ive been reading elements of style by the way. Thanks!Im trying to get to an ivy leage college, what books can I use to improve my essay skills?
In addition to books on style, read some of Emerson's essays, Lincoln's second inaugural address, and Kennedy's inaugural address. Learning to follow the train of thought in these works will help you to develop the ability to write effectively.



Also start the habit of proofreading everything that you write. That is the best way to learn formal writing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment