Thursday, January 26, 2012

Where can I find helpful reviews of college text books?

There are many websites like Ebay and Amazon upon which I can read reviews of a college text book that I can buy, however, the reviewers often give credit to how fast it arrived after purchase and how glossy the front cover is. Some reviewers complain that the book is confusing, but how can I be certain that those reviewers don't find everything in life confusing. I want to find a website where I can read constructive criticism on many of the college textbooks. To the professor of my upcoming organic chem. it will matter not whether I get the book of which he requires, or something else, as long as I get a grasp of the material. Knowing that there are better chem. text books out there, I might as well spend an extra buck and relieve myself from the missery of inevitable confusion and dred.Where can I find helpful reviews of college text books?
I used "Organic Chemistry" by Hornback. Quite an expensive textbook, but it was required for my course. I used it for Organic Chemistry I, and the following semester for Organic Chemistry II. Not a bad book. Didn't help me in the class because the professor was AWFUL. But the textbook was pretty good, in my opinion.



PS If you want my copy, I'll sell it to you...lolWhere can I find helpful reviews of college text books?
perhaps, http://www.reviewmytextbooks.org/ ?

No comments:

Post a Comment