Thursday, January 26, 2012

What happens if you don't have your college books on time?

I'm an incoming freshman and my financial aid money didn't come in. I found out that it won't be here until November. School starts in a week, but the books won't come in for a little over two weeks. Would there be a problem because of this? Does this happen a lot? Please help!What happens if you don't have your college books on time?
I agree with Liz. Often times I am late with my books because I order them from Amazon or Half.com because they are WAY too expensive in the campus bookstore. If you are in classes with 40 or less students then tell your professor up front that you are waiting on the books. They may let you use their copies or tell you to team up with someone else so you can complete the initial assignments.
No that doesn't happen a lot. Did you sign in order to defer some of your financial aid/grant money over so it could cover your textbooks cost? Contact the financial aid department.



Never happened to me.What happens if you don't have your college books on time?
Yep, I'm pretty sure this happens a lot. I'm an incoming freshman too. My books got lost in translation and now I have to wait 2 weeks for my books! I'm just glad my classes don't start until then.



The only problem that you will have is not going having your books the first few weeks. It's not like your professor is gonna call you out on it like you high school teacher would. You don't get a citation or anything, you probably will just be behind. That can be problematic in the long run.



i hope this helps =]
No, your normally get money before school starts. And then (my school atleast) has like three weeks you can use your fin aid and well after that I do not know what happens. If you do not have the books you will miss a lot of information. You can photocopy from a classmates.....that is all I can suggest to you.What happens if you don't have your college books on time?
It never has happened to me but I am PSEO. Make friends that have the books or join a study group so you won't fall behind. Your school's library might have extra copies that you can borrow to do your homework.
I can't tell you if the financial aid not coming through is normal since that's never happened to me. But, I can say in regards to the books not being in that it's not that uncommon for people to not have books the first couple of days since most people order their books from Amazon since it's a lot cheaper than the campus bookstore.



Your professors will not expect you to have your books for the first day at least. And, they'll most likely be understanding when you tell them about your situation. They'll either let you borrow a copy of the books (if they have one), or you'll have to find someone in each of your classes to share with until your books come in.
I understand your situation. Financial Aid is a blessing and a pain in the neck. Since you have financial aid, you may qualify for a short term advance. Check out your school's financial aid website, or even give them a call.



Generally, you can ask for any amount up to the maximum (my university has a max amount of $600). If you are approved, the university will disburse the funds either to your bank account (probably where your fin aid is sent) or mail you a check. Processing time varies.

No comments:

Post a Comment